TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT IN THE SLOVAK REPUBLIC BY SETTING UP A BUSINESS
Non – EU nationals has the possibility to set up a business in Slovak Republic, and so they can obtain Slovakian temporary residence permit based on their Slovakian related business activity.
Prior establishment of the company is not required. It means that the residence permit for business purposes may be granted either to a foreign citizen who already carries out the business in the Slovak Republic as well as to the person who only intends to establish business activities in the Slovak Republic (but still in this case the company should be established later).
THE PROCESS OF GETTING TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT IN THE SLOVAK REPUBLIC:
- Establishing or purchasing the company.
- company incorporation (company registration in person or via POA) or purchasing the company;
- opening a bank account;
Duration of the process: company incorporation up to 10 – 14 working days, purchasing company – up to 7 working days.
- Preparation of the documents for getting temporary residence permit and submission
Necessary documents and information:
- valid passport;
- visa copy (if documents are submitted in the Slovak Republic);
- 2 passport-sized colour photos (3×3.5 cm);
- criminal record from home country;
- solid business plan;
- documents proving financial coverage;
- document proving financial resources to cover business activities;
- accommodation in the Slovak Republic (rented or purchased);
- documents of locally registered company if the company is already established.
Documents shall not be older than 90 days. Legalization of documents is required, and all documents must be translated into the Slovak language by an official translator certified by the Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic.
The documents can be submitted at the Slovak embassy and at the institution of migration in the Slovak Republic personally.
Fee for the reception of application for the temporary residence permit is:
Case proceeding takes up to 90 days.
Documents to be submitted when a temporary residence permit is issued:
- Health insurance;
- Medical Report (cannot be older than 30 days).